Saturday, August 9, 2008

A Blast From The Past!



On March 21, 1999, at around 8:00 in the morning, my mother died when she was hit by a car while trying to cross Ninoy Aquino Avenue near the NAIA Airport. She was on her way to retrieve survey plans of properties concerning the Rodriguez Estate. These documents, among others, were part of her documentary research of about 20 years concerning the H.Rodriguez Estate. She was 69 years old, and I was 36, already with a family of my own, when she passed away on that fateful day.

On April 27, 1999, more than a month later, the decision as to who the real heirs, the appointment of the administrator, and the settlement of the estate came out in a court proceedings which took more than ten years and two judges to finally come out. About four months later and several motions for reconsideration, on August 13, 1999, the decision was amended. The said case: SPECIAL PROCEEDINGS IR-1110 of the RTC Branch 34 of Iriga City. I knew, from the personal accounts of my mother, that some of the vital evidences that were presented concerning the Estate came from the research work of my dear mom (God rest her soul..).

A few months after the said Amended Decision, on 24 November 1999, a petition for review on certiorari filed by one of the losing parties directly with the Supreme Court was DENIED for not complying with the documentary requirements. Other losing parties did in fact filed their own respective appeals and petitions to review or annul the said decision, but were DENIED, notably G.R. Nos. 140271 and 142477. That was in the months of the year 2000.

Five years later, in 2005, I was asked by Mr. Henry Rodriguez, the estate administrator, if I could be part of his personal staff to oversee the recovery of several parcels of land that were contained in the inventory of properties that were approved by the Hon. Lore R. Valencia-Bagalacsa, the magistrate of the Court who decided the case. "How could I contribute and help you, kuya? I barely know the documents and procedures, save for the knowledge I possess when I handled most of my mother's documents then?" To which Kuya Henry replied, "I know you and trust in your talent and capacity. Please assist me in the recovery.."

There were a lot of things to consider, especially my job and the welfare of my family to begin with. I was unusually interested in the offer of dear Kuya Henry, who was a very close friend of the Gomez clan, but I had to clearly weigh things since I would be risking the lives and future of my family. But then, the urge coming from the bloodline of my mother overtook me, and here I am and three years later, still working for the Estate...
(TO BE CONTINUED)

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Hello, there! I became interested in the Hermogenes Rodriguez Estate when my friend decided to buy a parcel of land which we learned later is included in the approved inventory of the HR Estate. Are you aware of the recent developments connected with the HR Estate? My friend hired a lawyer and we were given this link. He told us the said decision serves the finality for HR Estate case.
http://elibrary.judiciary.gov.ph/decisions.php?doctype=Decisions+%2F+Signed+Resolutions&docid=13118343662105890012

rngmz54@gmail.com said...

Thank you for taking time to comment on my blog Jenny. New Supreme Court Decisions take precedent over the Minute Resolutions. Check out Supreme Court G.R.No.182645 Decisions dated December 4, 2009 and then the latest is June 22, 2011 of the same case number. The case was already issued an Entry of Judgment dated September 12, 2011 which was transmitted to the Court of origin on December 9, 2011. We are now working for the Execution of the aforesaid judgment. You can get in touch with me on Mobile #09094185392/09279951359 or send me an email at rngmz54@gmail.com

EXCERPTS FROM A CITATION OF AN ADMINISTRATIVE CASE AGAINST A JUDGE WHO TRIED TO MODIFY A LONG FINAL JUDGMENT

  O                     Marcos v. Judge Fernando Vil. Pamintuan    A.M. RTJ-07-2062 , Jan 18, 2011               The Office of the Court Adm...